SAS au capital de 10 059 500 €
RCS Lille Métropole 424 761 419 00045
Siège social : 2 rue Kellermann - 59100 Roubaix - France.
AVESTA GROUP LLC
114 COLLINS STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94 118 - USA.
Publication director :
An exceptional collection of sound and images machines
The House of Radio France, conceived by Henry Bernard and inaugurated on December 14th, 1963 by the General Charles de Gaulle, shelters a museum which redraws the history of the radio, the television and the sound-recording from the previous history to our days.
The museum was established in 1966, and contained a remarkable collection of radios and televisions from their origins to the present day, including the 1793 telegraph by Claude Chappe and early crystal radios. The museum's 2,000 objects include prototypes and commercial devices, archival documents, photographs, and manuscripts, replicas of early radio laboratories and studios, and exhibits featuring research by Edouard Branly, Lee de Forest, Heinrich Hertz, Gugliemo Marconi, James Clerk Maxwell and Alexander Stepanovich Popov.
In 2007, the museum was temporarily closed to the public due to the renovation of the Maison de Radio France but still participates in exhibitions and outdoors events.